Installing Steering Wheel
1. Coat steering shaft with anti-seize grease.
2. Install steering wheel (A) onto steering shaft and secure with nut, tighten to 33 N•m (24 lb ft).
3. Install cap (B) in the center of steering wheel.
1. Inflate tires to 34-41 kPa (4-6 psi).
2. Remove nuts from wheel axle bolts.
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! The machine can fall or slip from an unsafe lifting device or supports.
• Use a safe lifting device rated for the load to be lifted.
• Lower machine onto jack stands or other stable supports and block wheels before servicing.
3. Raise machine with a safe lifting device high enough to install tires. Place support stands under machine.
4. Attach wheel to axle hub with valve stem to outside using four wheel bolts. Beveled sides must face inward.
5. Tighten in sequence illustrated, alternately and evenly until snug. Finish tightening to 80 N•m (60 lb-ft) using a torque wrench.
6. Remove support stands and lower machine.
Connect Lift Actuator
NOTE: The lift actuator, located on the left side of the rear vehicle frame can be positioned two different ways for different functions. Bunker or field rake position (A), and field finisher (B). Machine is shipped in position (A).
A - Bunker or Field Rake position
B - Field Finisher position
1. Remove tie strap from cylinder.
2. Remove outside nut from bolt (D) at rod end of cylinder.
3. Place bolt (D) in front hole on rear frame bracket and secure with nut (C) removed earlier, tighten to a torque of 81 N•m (60 lb-ft.)
1. Remove the four cap screws and washers that are on the seat.
2. Place the seat (A) over the slots (B) on the rear hood.
3. Install cap screws and washers (C) as shown and tighten.
NOTE: The seat can be adjusted along the length of the slots by loosening the cap screws and sliding the seat to desired position.
Activate and Charge Battery
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Battery electrolyte contains sulfuric acid. It is poisonous and can cause serious burns:
• Wear eye protection and gloves.
• Keep skin protected.
• If electrolyte is swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
• If electrolyte is splashed into eyes, flush immediately with water for 15-30 minutes and get medical attention.
• If electrolyte is splashed onto skin, flush immediately with water and get medical attention if necessary.
1. Park the vehicle safely. (See Parking Safely in the safety section.)
2. Remove battery from machine and set it on a level surface.
3. Remove battery cell caps. Make sure cap vents are not plugged.
4. Fill the battery:
• Only use battery acid with a 1.265 specific gravity.
• Slowly add acid (A) to each cell. The solution should be 6 mm (1/4 in.) above plates (B), but no higher than 6 mm (1/4 in.) from the bottom of the filler neck (C).
5. Install the battery caps before charging the battery.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Wait 20 minutes before charging the battery to allow the plates to “absorb” the acid, so they will take a charge well.
Battery must be charged before operation. Adding acid without charging will result in battery damage.
6. Charge the battery for a minimum of 30 minutes at 5–10 amps. If your battery charger has a Deep Cycle or Maintenance Free setting, use this setting to charge the battery. Failure to charge the battery before use will reduce battery performance and life.
7. Install the battery in the machine.
Checking Tire Pressure
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Explosive separation of tire and rim parts is possible when they are serviced incorrectly:
• Do not attempt to mount a tire without the proper equipment and experience to perform the job.
• Do not inflate the tires above the recommended pressure.
• Do not weld or heat a wheel and tire assembly. Heat can cause an increase in air pressure resulting in an explosion. Welding can structurally weaken or deform the wheel.
• Do not stand in front or over the tire assembly when inflating. Use a clip-on chuck and extension hose long enough to allow you to stand to one side.
1. Check tires for damage.
2. Check tire pressure with an accurate low pressure gauge.
3. Add air, if necessary.
Pressure - kPa (psi)
Front 22.5 x 10.9-8
27.6 - 41.4 (4-6)
Rear 25 x 12-9
27.6 - 41.4 (4-6)