Pictorial Safety Signs
At several important places on this machine safety signs are affixed intended to signify potential danger. The hazard is identified by a pictorial in a warning triangle. An adjacent pictorial provides information how to avoid personal injury. These safety signs, their placement on the machine and a brief explanatory text are shown in this Safety section.
READ OPERATOR’S MANUAL
Carefully read Operator’s Manual before handling the machine. Observe instructions and safety rules when operating
For emergency stopping, raise the park brake lever.
WARNING: AVOID INJURY FROM EXPLOSION
• Do not place gas container inside cargo box bed when filling.
• Place gas container on ground when filling.
WARNING: RIDERS CAN FALL OFF AND BE KILLED
RIDERS CAN FALL OFF AND BE KILLED
• Maximum of one person to a seat.
• No riders in box or anywhere else.
ROLLOVER OR FALLING OFF MAY CAUSE DEATH
• Read operator’s manual.
• Drive very slowly when turning.
• Always use brakes going down a slope. Vehicle can take-off (freewheel) downhill.
• No loads heavier than 500 lb (227 kg) in vehicle cargo box. Spread load evenly. Tie loads down.
• Reduce speed and load on rough or hilly ground.
To avoid injury from electrical burns or battery explosion
• Read the operator’s manual.
• Turn key off, press directional control switch into Neutral (N), and remove key.
• Move the service/drive switch to the SERVICE position.
• Never disconnect a circuit under load at a battery terminal.
• Remove all jewelry (rings, watches etc.).
• Use insulated tools only.
• Disconnect batteries, as shown, to avoid unintentional starting of vehicle. Pay close attention to polarities when connecting batteries. Always connect the red end of the cable to the positive (+) post and the black end of the cable to the negative (-) post.
WARNING: YOUNG DRIVERS INCREASE CHANCE OF DEATH
• YOUNG DRIVERS INCREASE CHANCE OF DEATH
Young drivers may not be able to control vehicle.
• No drivers younger than 16 years old.
CAUTION: BEFORE LEAVING VEHICLE:
Before leaving vehicle:
• Shift to neutral.
• Set park brake.
• Remove key.
Picture Note: Raise cargo box to locate battery safety information. English DANGER/POISON information (A) molded into battery caps. No-text DANGER/POISON labels (B) are located on each vehicle frame side rail.
Cigarettes, flames or sparks could cause the batteries to explode. Always shield eyes and face from the batteries. Do not charge or use booster cables or adjust poor connections without proper instruction and training. Keep vent caps tight and level.
Contains sulfuric acid. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. In event of an accident, flush with water and call a physician immediately. Keep out of reach of children.
Picture Note: Lift operator seat to locate safety labels.
To avoid injury from batteries and motor exploding or electrical arcing/shock:
Place switch in SERVICE position before servicing batteries or when towing.
Do not tow in excess of 15 m.p.h. (24 km/h) or motor may rupture or disintegrate.
CAUTION: HELP PREVENT INJURY WHEN DUMPING LOADS
HELP PREVENT INJURY WHEN DUMPING LOADS
• Operate dump with machine stationary and parking brake locked: Never dump while moving.
• Operate dump on level ground only.
• Do not place hands behind seat when lowering box.
• Refer to Operator’s Manual for correct load distribution.
Battery Charger Safety Labels
Engage connector fully for proper charging.
Battery Charger Safety Information
NOTE: Battery charger safety information inscribed on top and front of battery charger housing.
Information-Front of Charger
Study instruction sheet before charging.
Switch off mains supply before connecting or disconnecting charger output plug.
To ensure protection against electric shock, connect only to a socket-outlet with earthing contact.
• Explosive gases - prevent flames and sparks.
• No smoking or naked lights.
• Charge lead-acid batteries only in well ventilated area.
• This battery incorporates parts such as switches and relays that are likely to produce arcs or sparks; therefore, when charging a battery in a garage or similar location, locate the battery charger in a room or enclosure provided for this purpose.
• Disconnect from mains and output circuit before removing cover.
• Protect from rain.
Information - Top of Charger
- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, DO NOT USE CHARGER NEAR FLAMMABLE MATERIALS OR VAPORS. BATTERIES GENERATE EXPLOSIVE GASSES DURING OPERATION. KEEP SPARKS AND FLAME AWAY FROM BATTERIES. NO SMOKING. POSITION THE CHARGER ON A FOUNDATION OF STONE, BRICK, OR GROUNDED METAL.
- READ YOUR OWNER’S MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS BEFORE USING THIS CHARGER.
- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF SHOCK AND FIRE, CONNECT INPUT CORD ONLY TO A 50 HZ THREE WIRE GROUNDED SUPPLY WITH MEASURED VOLTAGE THAT MATCHES SPECIFIED VOLTAGE AND IS PROVIDED WITH INSULATOR AND FUSES IN AGREEMENT WITH LOCALS CODES AND ORDINANCES.
1. CONNECT INPUT SUPPLY CORD TO GROUNDED 50 HZ SERVICE WITH MEASURED VOLTAGE OF 230 VAC.
- RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT TOUCH UNINSULATED PORTIONS OF THE DC OUTPUT CONNECTORS OR UNINSULATED BATTERY TERMINALS.
- DO NOT EXPOSE TO RAIN, POWER WASH DETERGENTS, OR SPRAY.
- CHARGE ONLY WET LEAD ACID BATTERIES THAT MATCH THE SPECIFICATIONS LISTED ON THE CHARGER. OTHER TYPES OF BATTERIES MAY BURST CAUSING PERSONAL INJURY AND DAMAGE.
2. CONNECT THE OUTPUT CONNECTOR TO THE BATTERY CONNECTOR. CHARGER TURNS ON AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHORT DELAY IF ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS AND BATTERY VOLTAGE TEST GOOD. TRANSFORMER HUMS AND AMMETER INDICATES INITIAL CHARGING RATE. MONITOR AMMETER FOR INITIAL CHARGING RATE.
- DISCONNECT OUTPUT CONNECTOR ONLY WHEN CHARGER IS OFF OR ARCING AND BURNING WILL RESULT. IF CHARGER MUST BE STOPPED, DISCONNECT INPUT SUPPLY CORD BEFORE DISCONNECTING OUPUT CONNECTOR.
3. INITIAL CHARGING RATE WILL VARY DEPENDING ON BATTERY DISCHARGE STATE.
4. CHARGING RATE DECREASES AS BATTERY CHARGES IF ALL BATTERIES ARE GOOD. CHARGER TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY AS BATTERIES REACH FULL CHARGE.
- DO NOT LEAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHILE UNATTENDED FOR TWO DAYS IN A ROW. SEVERE OVERCHARGING AND DAMAGE TO BATTERIES WILL RESULT IF CHARGER TURNS BACK ON OR DOES NOT TURN OFF.
5. AFTER CHARGER TURNS OFF, DISCONNECT DC PLUG BY GRASPING PLUG BODY AND PULLING STRAIGHT OUT OF RECEPTACLE.
This label is part of the utility vehicle identification plate on your utility vehicle. It indicates that your vehicle model has been certified and is in compliance with European Directive 89/392/EEC Standards.