IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Use recommended John Deere greases to avoid component failure and premature wear.
The recommended John Deere greases are effective within an average air temperature range of -29 to 135 degrees C (-20 to 275 degrees F).
If operating outside that temperature range, contact your Servicing dealer for a special-use grease.
The following greases are preferred:
• John Deere Multi-Purpose SD Polyurea Grease
• John Deere Multi-Purpose HD Lithium Complex Grease
If not using any of the preferred greases, be sure to use a general all-purpose grease with an NLGI grade No.2 rating.
Wet or high speed conditions may require use of a special-use grease. Contact your Servicing dealer for information.
The following lubricant is preferred:
• SUPER LUBE® lubricant.1
Lubricating Machine Grease Fittings
• Extremely Wet and Muddy Conditions
- Lubricate machine grease fittings every 10 hours of operation or on a daily basis
• All Other Conditions
- Lubricate machine grease fittings every 50 hours of operation
A - Left Tie Rod End
B - Left Steering Cylinder Ball Joint
C - Right Tie Rod End
D - Right Steering Cylinder Ball Joint
Lubricating 3 Point Hitch
• Lubricate lift link grease fittings (A) with recommended grease or an equivalent.
• Lubricate ball joints (B) and draw bar (C) with SUPER LUBE lubricant.
SUPER LUBE is a registered trademark of Synco Chemical Corp.