Prior to delivery, do the following checks, clean machine and review this manual with the owner/operator. Make sure owner/operator can safely operate every function of this machine.
Check Tire Pressure
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Explosive separation of tire and rim parts is possible when they are serviced incorrectly:
• Do not attempt to mount a tire without the proper equipment and experience to perform the job.
• Do not inflate the tires above the recommended pressure.
• Do not weld or heat a wheel and tire assembly. Heat can cause an increase in air pressure resulting in an explosion. Welding can structurally weaken or deform the wheel.
• Do not stand in front or over the tire assembly when inflating. Use a clip-on chuck and extension hose long enough to allow you to stand to one side.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! If the tire is liquid filled, always keep the valve stem at the top of the tire when checking tire pressure. This prevents liquid from escaping through the valve stem.
1. Check tires for damage.
2. See tire pressures in the SPECIFICATIONS section.
3. Check tire pressure with an accurate gauge.
4. Check that tires have equal air pressure. Add or remove air, if necessary.
Check Fluid Levels
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Engine damage can be caused by low fluid levels. Do not start engine before checking fluid levels.
Check Radiator Coolant Level:
• If engine is warm, coolant level should be between the full line and the low line on the coolant overflow tank. If engine is cold, coolant level should be at the low line on the coolant overflow tank. Add coolant as necessary.
Check Engine Oil Level:
• Oil level should be within operating range (top of XX area of the dipstick). Add oil as necessary.
Check Transmission Oil Level:
• Transmission oil level should be at the top of XX area of the dipstick. Add oil as necessary.
Check Front Axle Oil Level:
• Front axle oil level should be to the top of the XX area of the front axle dipstick. Add oil as necessary.
Checking Machine Safety System
Perform safety system check to make sure the electronic safety interlock circuit is functioning properly.
Perform ALL Tests.
Check All Lights
Make sure the headlights, taillights, warning lights, and any optional work lights are functional.
Check Wheel Bolt Torque
Check all wheel bolts for proper torque.
Check Machine for Proper Ballast
If tractor is being delivered with an attachment, make sure attachment is properly installed and tractor has proper ballast. See attachment operator’s manual.