Pictorial Safety Signs
At several important places on this machine safety signs are affixed intended to signify potential danger. The hazard is identified by a pictorial in a warning triangle. An adjacent pictorial provides information how to avoid personal injury. These safety signs, their placement on the machine and a brief explanatory text are shown in this Safety section.
Machine Safety Labels
Avoid Injury From Rotating Blades (A)
Do not put hands or feet under or into mower when engine is running.
Read Operator’s Manual (B)
Avoid Injury From Rotating Blades
• Do not put hands or feet under or into mower when engine is running.
Avoid Injury From Thrown Objects
• Do not operate mower without discharge chute or entire grass bag assembly in place.
• Stay clear while engine is running.
Engine Warning (C)
• Read and follow Operating Instructions before running engine.
• Gasoline is flammable. Allow engine to cool at least 2 minutes before refueling.
• Engines emit carbon monoxide, DO NOT run in enclosed area.
Grass Bag (D)
• BAG IS SUBJECT TO WEAR AND DETERIORATION.
• CHECK BAG FREQUENTLY. REPLACE WHEN NECESSARY.
• USE John DEERE BAG OR EQUIVALENT TO COMPLY WITH SAFETY SPECIFICATIONS.
CE Certification, Specification and Sound Label
• This label on your machine indicates that this model has been certified and is in compliance with European Directive 98/37/EC (89/392/EEC) Standards.