Pictorial Safety Signs
At several important places on this machine safety signs are affixed intended to signify potential danger. The hazard is identified by a pictorial in a warning triangle. An adjacent pictorial provides information how to avoid personal injury. These safety signs, their placement on the machine and a brief explanatory text are shown in this Safety section.
Grass Bag (A)
• Grass bag is subject to wear and deterioration.
• Check grass bag frequently. Replace when necessary.
• Use a John Deere grass bag or an equivalent to comply with safety specifications.
Read Operator’s Manual (B)
Avoid Injury From Rotating Blades
• Do not put hands or feet under or into mower when engine is running.
Avoid Injury From Thrown Objects
• Do not operate mower without discharge chute or entire grass bag assembly in place.
• Stay clear while engine is running.
Avoid Injury From Rotating Blades (C)
Do not put hands or feet under or into mower when engine is running.
Avoid Injury From Rotating Blades And Thrown Objects (D)
Do not operate mower without mulch cover or bagging chute and entire grass bag assembly in place.
Stay clear of mower blades when engine is running.
Read operator’s manual.
CE Certification, Specifications & Sound Labels
Picture Note: JS63
Picture Note: JS63C
These labels on your mower indicate that this model has been certified and is in compliance with European Directive 98/37/EC (89/392/EEC).