- Lawn & Garden
- Landscaping & Grounds Care
- Golf & Sports Turf
- Engines & Drivetrain
- Future of Farming
- John Deere Online Shop
- Manuals & Trainings
- Forestry Service
- Forestry Parts
- GENERATOR DRIVE ENGINES
- Final Tier 4/Stage V (EPA/EU) (Standby / Prime)
- Non-regulated (Standby / Prime)
The 8 Things You Need to Know About Mulching
Fertilizing your lawn just got easier. Grass clipping mulch is the natural way to feed your lawn essential nutrients. Here are eight things you need to know.
Fertilizing your lawn doesn’t have to be a chore – you can just let your grass clippings do the job for you. Grass clipping mulch is the natural way to feed your lawn essential nutrients. Here are eight things you need to know:
- Mulch-mowing allows clippings to be cut finely enough so that they can’t be seen when redistributed into the lawn.
- Make sure your blades are sharp. Sharp blades help ensure a precise, quality cut.
- Mulching returns nitrogen-rich nutrients to your lawn. This feeds your lawn and can reduce the amount of fertilizer you need.
- Follow the “one-third” rule when mulch mowing, taking off no more than the top third of the grass blade. Fast-growing conditions will require more frequent mowing.
- Mulching works better when the grass is dry.
- The MulchControl™ System from John Deere is the easy way to mulch while you mow.
- If tall or wet grass conditions result in unsightly clumps, your MulchControl™ System should be used in side-discharge mode.
- If conditions warrant using your MulchControl™ System in side-discharge mode, clippings are likely to be visible for a few days as they decay.
This exclusive technology is available with one touch technology on the John Deere X350 Select Series Riding Lawn Tractor with a 42-in or 48-in Accel Deep™ Mower Deck and other Select Series mowers.
MulchControl™ Kits with the pull of a lever technology are available on S240 Riding Mowers with Accel Deep™ Mower Decks, Select Series Mowers, Signature Series Mowers, and all Residential ZTrak Mowers.
All MulchControl™ Kits from John Deere include mulching blades for best grass mulching results.